After working in the industry for more than five years as a multimedia artist and on-location photographer, I was still looking for the best way to showcase captivating images of the highest quality. I shot my first time lapse video in 2009 and was amazed by the sharpness and precision of the images. I had found the perfect, most precise medium to express and display the qualities I was looking for in my work.
I quit my 9-5 job to dedicate all my energy towards mastering the art of making outstanding time lapse videos. It was hard work, but fueled by my passion, I never looked back.
In late 2013, my wife and I sold almost everything we owned and became full-time travellers. Since then, we’ve travelled by car more than 60,000 km and I shot countless time lapse sequences. Being location independent has allowed me to devote myself entirely to my art.
When I’m not thinking about my next project, shooting or editing time lapses, I like to immerse myself in a good film, eat vegan food and spend time outdoor with my fiancée and our Yorkie, Bruce.
- Le photographe de Québec connu mondialement
- Article by Jean-Maxime Bourgoin (French)
- La Presse: La petite histoire de la photo de Québec à Las Vegas
- Interview by Valérie Gaudreau (French)
- Photographie hivernale: 20 conseils de pros
- Interview by Frédérique Sauvée (French)
- Le coin des voyageurs: L’Europe vue par le Québécois Dominic Boudreault
- Interview by Sylvie Clergerie (French)
- Tilt Shift Rotate: Dominic Boudreault – Motion Photographer
- Interview by Ross Lelliott
- CBC Live: Skyline Timelapse
- Article by Calum Shanlin
- Huffington Post: City Time-Lapse Shows Bustling Cities In U.S. & Canada
- Interview by Dean Praetorius
- Montreal Serai: The City Limits
- Interview by Mark Silverman
- Le Devoir: Le succès sans limites de The City Limits
- Interview by Isabelle Porter (French)
- NBC News: Time-lapse video contrasts urban and rural scenes
- Video interview by Dara Brown and text by Jonathan Woods
- PetaPixel: Gorgeous Time-lapse of North American Cities at Night
- Article by Michael Zhang
- Gizmodo: An Awe-Inspiring Timelapse of Cityscapes at Night
- Article by Davey Alba
- FStoppers: This Is The Best Timelapse You Will Ever See...
- Article by Lee Morris
- CBC Radio: A city alight in slow motion
- Audio interview by Susan Campbell
- HOME.work: 5 Questions
- Interview by Stephan Elliott